Friday, May 6, 2011

5/5/11

It has now been twenty-nine nights since I last put on the CPAP mask for the first time. I am SLOWLY getting acclimated to the thing, but there is still a lot to be learned.

Last weekend, my CPAP and I went to Salinas for my niece's First Communion. At around 2 AM, I heard this loud noise coming from it. I checked my line and the hose came off. I reattached it, and the noise didn't stop. So I hecked the filter, and that wasn't it.Then I checked the other end of the hose, and that wasn't it. I then pushed the water reservoir, and the noise stopped. Is that thing REALLY that tempramental?

Although there are some problems with the CPAP, there are some signs that it is working. I am beginning to establish a circadian rhythm pattern, and I am waking up earlier. However, I am also losing water ain my feet, and it is making walking quite painful. If you are a praying person, I would appreciate your prayers for this.

I*n the meantime, I am begging to dream about a better world...

No comments:

Post a Comment